When I was younger, I believed life was not hard but we, as in people, made it difficult. I still believe this is the case. However, while Adulting, at some point in time, I realized life really was…is…hard!
It’s hard for several reasons, in millennial bulleted fashion:
- there is always something you don’t know
- there is always something you don’t know that you don’t know
- there is always someone who has nothing better to do than to concern themselves with what you are doing, why you are doing it, and when you are doing it
- at some point in time you are likely to suffer, or are suffering from the disease known as more (where what you have is never enough and you want more)
- at some point in time you are bound to fall asleep behind the wheel, and when you wake up your life has been side-tracked–and you are not quite sure how to get it back on track
- the pain of believed sunken cost will consume you (i.e. I have already spent 3 years of my life as an English major, why change now– by the way I was a poli sci major, this is truly an example)
- sometimes life is plain and simple difficult and you do not know why
- Bullsh*t rolls down hill
- if you were born into a financially challenged family (because broke and poor are words that should be used sparingly) it may seem like you are in a never ending press to get ahead or if you were born into a family of comfortable means are always trying to escape the privilege or shadow of those means (so I’m told, I still am working on arriving)
- As your mom told you when you were younger, simply because….
Regardless of the reason accept that life is hard but never let it stop you from being even tougher. Roll with the punches, and when the opportunity presents itself, or you make the opportunity–throw a few blows back!
Rule #1: Life is hard…so deal!
Follow me on Twitter @AoAMillennial or on Instagram @theaoamillennial